Speed up the registration process: pre-apply, the first step to getting your first driver license, instruction permit, or ID card.
Teen Course details (click here):
- Provided in our classes: 34 hours of classroom instruction which includes the 30 hour state curriculum and 4 hours of Driver Awareness Training, 5 hours of driving lessons, and 5 hours of student observations (1 hour of student observation is state required).
- A parent information session will be held.
- We strongly encourage a parent or guardian ride along on at least one driving lesson.
- Minimum course length is 30 days and all classroom and driving requirements must be completed within 4 months. Students are allowed to miss and make up a maximum of 3 classes. Please keep extra-curricular activities and travel plans in mind before registering for a teen course to ensure proper attention can be given toward this course.
- A driving permit is required before the first lesson. Students can get their permit up to 10 days before the start date of class.
- Driving lessons are held outside of classroom meeting times and will extend beyond the end of the classroom portion of the course.
- Upon completion of the course, an electronic certificate will be reported to the Department of Licensing. This process takes up to 3-4 weeks.
- Most of our communication is through email. When registering please provide a regularly checked email address for both student and parent.
Special accommodations needed? (click here):
If your student has an IEP/504 plan, anxiety or a learning disability, please let us know after registration by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office: 360-692-3661. This awareness can help our instructors during their instruction time with your student. You may also call our office to create an individualized driving plan to help your student succeed with additional time, lessons (extra charge), or help when needed. See more info here: IDP video. Purchase an IDP consult here: https://driving-school.com/teen-individual-driving-plan-consult/
Web-based and in-person classes available. See course description in the below schedule for which type of class it is. Teen Course includes 15 class sessions plus 2 DAT sessions (Driver Awareness Training). Students will schedule 5 individual drive lessons and up to 5 student observation appointments with an instructor at this location (1 student observation is required by the state). Drives will continue after classroom sessions are complete. You can start class with a $250 deposit, balance due the first day of class. A majority of our communication takes place through email. When registering please provide a valid, regularly checked email address for both student and parent. A Saturday/Sunday course is offered at the Silverdale location so click here to see the Silverdale schedule if you are interested: https://driving-school.com/locations/silverdale/
Click on “View More Info” for pricing and additional class information.