License Testing Overview
All of our locations are DOL approved to administer the Knowledge Test and Skills Test. Most locations can accommodate a skills tests within a few days. If you are in a hurry please contact the office to check availability before purchasing but you will need to register online to schedule an appointment.
Please call us if you need to schedule a skills test in a different language other than English. Spanish skills tests can be scheduled in Monroe and Poulsbo.
Please follow these important steps for registration:
1. Register for License Express if you do not already have a Washington ID card. At the end of the process, you will be given a PIC (Personal Identification Code or also known as Confirmation ID) which is a combination of letters and numbers. Write this number down as it will be required to enroll in either the Knowledge or Skills Test. Having this number will speed up the process in verification. Make sure you have this when you arrive for the test in addition to photo identification. Without this number, you will not be able to schedule any required tests and we will not be able to report necessary scores to the DOL.
2. Study the Washington Driver Guide to prepare for the Knowledge Test. Take the 5-question DOL practice test here. For help in studying for the Knowledge Test we recommend taking the Knowledge Test Prep. For numbers to know on the knowledge test click here.
3. Pass the Knowledge Test.* Register for the test on our secure website: Driver License Testing Registration. When we receive your order and it has been verified, our office will confirm your ID number provided when registering then a verification email will be sent to you. After you receive your email, you will be able to schedule your testing appointment on our scheduling website. You must register before you can schedule your test. Confirmation could take up to 24 hours. We are closed on Sundays and major holidays. Please contact the office if you need a one-on-one or interpreted knowledge test to schedule a private knowledge test session.
4. Practice driving every day. Drive so often that your confidence and skill will overcome any test anxiety that may hit you. You will also need to go to the DOL to get a learner’s permit before doing any driving practice on the road.
5. Pass the Skills Test. Register for the test on our secure website: Driver License Testing Registration. When we receive your order and it has been verified, our office will confirm your ID number provided when registering then a verification email will be sent to you. After you received your email, you will be able to schedule your testing appointment on our scheduling website. You must register before you can schedule your test. Confirmation could take up to 24 hours. We are closed on Sundays and major holidays. You will have needed to take and pass the knowledge test before scheduling the skills test. If you registered for a knowledge test with us, you will not need to wait for the verification email. Study for the driving test by clicking on this guide. What’s on the skills test? Pre-test, backing around a corner, parallel parking, lane changing and turning.
*In order to obtain a driver’s license, applicants under the age of 18, in addition to passing the knowledge and driving skills tests, will need to pass a Washington State driver’s education course. Applicants may take the knowledge test after completing driver’s ed or after 15 1/2 years of age.
Good luck! We wish you well as you prepare for getting your license.
Promotion Price: $120 - SAVE $5
Promotion Price: $195 - SAVE $5