Summer is our busiest time of the year. In some locations, there is a 1-2 week wait for testing appointments. However, it is possible that we will have earlier or same-day appointments.
Steps to using our testing services:
1. Register for License Express on the DOL's website if you do not already have a Washington ID card. At the end of the process, you will be given a PIC # (Personal Identification Code or also known as Confirmation ID) which is a combination of letters and numbers. Write this number down as it will be required to enroll in either the Knowledge or Skills Test. Make sure you have this when you arrive for the test in addition to photo identification. Without this number, you will not be able to schedule any required tests and we will not be able to report necessary scores to the DOL.
3. Pass the Knowledge Test.* Register for the test on our secure website (see link at the end of the page). When we receive your order and it has been verified, our office will confirm your ID number provided when registering then a verification email will be sent to you (or you will receive a phone call) and you will be able to go online to schedule your testing appointment at our scheduling website: ScheduleAgent.com. You must register before you can schedule your test. Confirmation via email or phone call could take up to 24 hours. We are closed on Sundays and major holidays.
*If you have completed a teen course with us, your first two attempts of the Knowledge Test are free WITH the purchase of a Skills Test. Please call our office to pay and schedule to receive our discounted offer.
4. Practice driving every day. Drive so often that your confidence and skill will overcome any test anxiety that may hit you. You will also need to go to the DOL to get a learner's permit before doing any driving practice on the road.
5. Pass the Skills Test.** Register for the test on our secure website. When we receive your order, our office will confirm your ID number provided when registering then a verification email will be sent to you (or you will receive a phone call) and you will be able to schedule your testing appointment at our scheduling website: ScheduleAgent.com. Confirmation via email or phone call could take up to 24 hours. We are closed on Sundays and major holidays. You will have needed to take and pass the knowledge test before scheduling the skills test. What's on the skills test? Click each link to see a video of the pre-test, backing, parallel parking, lane changing and turning.
**If you are under the age of 18, you will need to have confirmation that you have taken a Driver's Education Course in Washington State.
After the above steps are completed go to the DOL office nearest you to complete the Licensing application process. This includes paying an application fee, having your picture taken, and receiving your license. Some documents you will need to bring include:
- Proof of Identity - Traffic Safety Course Certificate (if applicant is 16 or 17 years old) - Social Security Number (actual card not necessary) - Proof of Residency
Good luck! We wish you well as you prepare for getting your license.
KNOWLEDGE TESTING LOCATIONS AND HOURS Register by clicking the link below
WALK IN LOCATIONS (no appointment necessary):
Day(s) & Time(s)
Bremerton Must arrive on-time; late arrivals will not be able to test. This location is not wheel-chair accessible.
Tue at 6p Sat at 12:30p
Lake Stevens This location is not wheel-chair accessible.
Mon-Thu at 2p & 5p Fri at 2p & 4p
Smokey Point 16710 Smokey Point Blvd #101
Mon-Fri at 11a & 2p
BY APPOINTMENT LOCATIONS (must arrive on time; late arrivals will not be able to test):
Day(s) & Time(s)
Bellevue (Lake Hills) 655 156th Ave SE #280
Fri at 6:30p (except 9/4)
Bellevue (NE 20th) 13219 NE 20th St #206
Mon at 4p (starting 9/14)
Bonney Lake 10221 214th Ave E
Tue at 6p Sat at 1p
Everett (North/Colby) 2524 Colby Ave
Mon at 5p (except 9/7) Wed at 1p Sat at 12p
Everett (South/4th Ave) 12720 4th Ave W
Fri at 7p
Kent (240th St) 13215 SE 240th St
Mon at 5:30p (except 9/7)
Kent (Benson Hwy) 23609 104th Ave SE
Tue at 5p Sat at 10a (except 9/12 & 9/26)
Lynnwood (Edmonds/196th) 7528 196th St SW
Sat at 12p
Sat at 12:30p
Monroe This location is not wheel-chair accessible.
Fri at 5p
Port Orchard 1700 Mill Hill Dr #125
Sat at 12:30p (except 9/5)
Mon at 5p (starting 9/14)
Seattle (U-District) 5031 University Way NE #201
Mon at 6:30p Tue at 5:30p Wed at 5:30p Thu at 5:30p Fri at 6:30p Sat at 9a
Sat at 10a (starting 9/26)
Snohomish 821 Ave D
Mon at 6p Fri at 12:30p
West Seattle 4700 42nd Ave SW #500
Tue at 5:30p Sat at 1p (except 9/5)
Sat at 11:30a
For optimal results please use Google Chrome when registering.